COVID-19 District Updates
Minnewaska Area Schools COVID-19 Dashboard
This dashboard is updated often and represents a snapshot of data through October 26, 2020. Positive cases are no longer active after a 10-day isolation period per guidance from the Center for Disease Control.
Total Number of Students
Total Confirmed Student Cases
Total Active Student Cases
Percent of Students with Active Cases
Total Number of Staff
Total Confirmed Staff Cases
Total Active Staff Cases
Percent of Staff with Active Cases
Learning Plans updated 9/17/20
Our staff has planned three educational scenarios, On-site Learning, Distance Learning, and Hybrid Learning (a combination of the first two). Also, please know that regardless of the learning model we decide upon, school districts are required to offer “Distance Learning Choice” to families who may be medically vulnerable or otherwise unable or uncomfortable about returning to school throughout the year.
Minnewaska Area Schools learning plans for the 2020-21 school year are as follows:
- K-6 elementary students will attend school in person, unless you have informed us your child will be participating in our “Distance Learning Choice” plan.
- 7-8th grade students are in a hybrid learning plan, unless you have informed us your child will be participating in our “Distance Learning Choice” plan.
- 9-12th grade secondary students will continue school in the hybrid learning plan, unless you have informed us your child will be participating in our “Distance Learning Choice” plan.
- Details related to each of these plans are found on our Quick Reference Guide and in this Detailed Plan Information Guide.
- Back to school supply lists may be found on the district’s website in the news or in the resources section of each school page or here for K-3, 4-6, and 7-8th grade.
The school board also emphasized the importance of advising you that decisions on how to begin the school year, and how to continue the school year may change weekly and you should be ready to adapt to those changes if/as they occur.
The well-being and safety of your child(ren) is a priority. Please use this Self Health Checklist before your child(ren) arrive at school and utilize the following COVID-19 resources as needed.
If you experience technical issues with your device our contact information is listed below. Provide your name, contact information, student’s name and student’s teacher in your voicemail or email and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
High School, Option 1
Tech Support, Option 5
Food & Nutrition Services
The following meal plans are applicable based on what learning plan your child(ren) is participating in for the 2020-21 school year.
Questions can be directed to Deb Nelson at email@example.com or (320) 239-4800 ext 1478
GRADES 7-8 AT THE MIDDLE SCHOOL, MAHS, AND WIN:
Don’t Forget Your Take Home Meal
Minnesota Department of Health COVID-19 Hotlines
School and child care questions:
(651) 297-1304 or 1 (800) 657-3504
7 a.m. – 7 p.m.
(651) 201-3920 or 1 (800) 657-3903
7 a.m. – 7 p.m.