MAS COVID-19 Closure Plan
March 15, 2020
Dear Laker Families,
Today, Governor Tim Walz and Education Commissioner Mary Cathryn Ricker announced that all Minnesota public schools will close to students starting Wednesday, March 18, 2020, with the plan to resume instruction Monday, March 30, 2020.
Minnewaska Area Schools COVID-19 Closure Plan
All parents & guardians are allowed to excuse their students from attending any school days in regard to COVID-19 from March 16, 2020, until the MDH and the CDC no longer considers it a high risk.
Monday, March 16: Staff Development for all District Employees (NO STUDENTS)
- E/FLEX Learning Plans will be developed
- Support staff will work on “deep cleaning” all areas of our school
- NO PRACTICE allowed for any activities to include the weight room
- ISD 2149 Food Service will develop food service options for all families that require meals
Tuesday, March 17: Regular School Day for students and staff with preventive measures
- Students will bring home devices and materials to get through March 18–24
(3/25–3/27 is SPRING BREAK – NO SCHOOL as planned).
- All student materials to include locker contents will be taken home.
- Coaches of Spring Activities will be allowed to hold an organizational update meeting Tuesday, March 17th, but no formal practices will be held.
Wednesday, March 18 thru March 27
- All MAS schools will be minimally staffed and only authorized employees will be allowed in the buildings.
- NO PRACTICE or REHEARSALS ALLOWED PER THE MSHSL