MAS response to Governor Walz “Shelter in Place”
March 25, 2020
UPDATED MAS COVID-19 RESPONSE PLAN
In response to Governor Walz “shelter in place” ISD 2149 will begin Distance Learning Monday, March 30 through Thursday, April 30, 2020. The final approved plan will be provided to families on Friday, March 27 with detailed instructions. The current plan has all teachers reporting Friday, May 1 and Monday, May 4 to prepare for return of students on May 5, 2020. Obviously, the return of students will be conditions based and at the continued direction of Governor Walz.
- MAS schools will be closed for SPRING Break Wednesday, March 25-27.
- Following Spring Break; all MAS offices will remain open to answer your questions or provide support during “Distance Learning”
- All MAS staff will be available to provide support to all students during Distance Learning
CONTINUED: SERVICES PROVIDED
- Updated: School-Age Care for Emergency Personnel.
Minnewaska Area Schools will only be open to support students of Healthcare, Emergency Personnel and Educator Families (View Full List) during the COVID-19 shut down. Childcare will operate between 7:30-3:30 each day with our school personnel staffing it. Breakfast, lunch & snack provided. Bring outdoor gear to play outside.
If transportation is needed, please call Palmer Bus Garage (634-3272) for pick up and drop off locations.
- Food Service provides meals to all MAS students during School Closure: Meals will be available for all students who attend or reside in ISD 2149. Meals will be available at Glenwood Elementary the Starbuck School between 10 a.m. and 12 p.m.
- Curbside pickup & roster checked for those who pick up
- Breakfast and Lunch picked up at the same time
- Safe Food Handling directions will be posted on the Food and Nutrition Services Webpage
- Directions on how to prepare and most items will be shelf-stable
- 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
- No one has to order, they just show up for curbside pickup
- All meals are “FREE” to all students
- Parent has to have all children present
- Delivered meals will consist of 2 breakfast and 2 lunches per child age 18 and under.
- If you are unable to stop by one of the curbside pick-up locations (MAES in Glenwood or WIN in Starbuck) starting March 30, we will be offering free meal delivery. Please fill out this survey for meals to be delivered to your students’ bus stop. If your student does not ride the bus, you can still sign up for meals to be delivered at a location at or near your home. You will be contacted once the anticipated drop off time is determined.
- Please fill out this survey ONLY if this is a service you will need for your child. If you have already signed up for delivery you do not need to complete the survey again. Please click on this link to sign up for meal delivery: MAS Meal Delivery
- Contact Paulette Noel at firstname.lastname@example.org
email@example.com w 320.239.4820 x1470