Student Support Services
The Student Services department provides comprehensive programs and services to promote the academic functioning and well being of all students, while honoring their multiple and diverse identities. Student Services professionals work in partnership with other educators, parents/guardians, and community organizations/agencies to support the academic and social emotional needs of all students throughout their high school career and help each student prepare for their lives after high school.
The Student Services Department consists of the Dean of Students, student support coordinator, counselors, school social worker, special education staff and the school nurse. These offices offer services to students and their parents helping them to make the most of their Laker experience.
Contact Student Services for assistance with attendance, discipline, counseling, college decisions, special education services and health and social issues. They will be glad to help you and answer any questions you may have in regards to your student at Minnewaska.
The primary functions of the Student Services department include:
- ADA Section 504 Plans
- Child welfare and foster child liaison
- Classroom education
- College and career services
- Health services (Nurses' office)
- In-school credit recovery
- LGTBQ+ Support
- Mental health services (Social Worker and Counselors)
- McKinney-Vento/Homeless liaison and support
- Resource accessibility
- School Counseling
- Substance use prevention, intervention and assistance
- Support groups
- Social skills education and training
- Special Education services