Athletic Hall of Fame
Our local schools (Glenwood, Starbuck, Villard, Minnewaska Area) have produced many outstanding athletes, coaches, and individuals whose successes and contributions have led to a tradition of excellence and a source of pride for our communities. The goal of the Minnewaska Area Schools Athletic Hall of Fame is to recognize and honor those achievements.
The next banquet and induction ceremony will be held on Saturday evening, October 10th, 2020.
- Players are eligible after a ten-year waiting period. For instance, the earliest a 2009 high school graduate could be inducted to the Hall of Fame would be with the class of 2020.
- Coaches are eligible after a two-year waiting period following their retirement as a coach from Glenwood, Starbuck, Villard, or Minnewaska Area High School.
- Teams are eligible after a ten-year waiting period.
- At Large (media, game officials, administrators, community leaders) are eligible after fifteen years of noteworthy involvement with any of the four previously mentioned schools.
- Use the form to nominate any individual or team for Hall of Fame consideration
- Nominations should be submitted in writing (including email) to the Activities Director at Minnewaska Area High School by April 1, a year prior to the selection banquet and should include biographical information that will be helpful to the committee when they consider the nominee.
Return the completed materials to:
Minnewaska Area Schools Athletic Hall of Fame Committee
Attn: Bill Mills
Minnewaska Area High School
25122 State Hwy 28
Glenwood, MN 56334
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org